Consultancy Unit is a division under RIBU, Institute of Research Management and Innovation (IRMI). The unit embarks its first activity in 1983. The number of project has since increasing steadily to about 300 projects a year.
In tandem with the pace of UiTM as university, Consultancy Unit (RIBU-IRMI) expanded its operations fast, covering government agencies, private companies, statutory bodies and multinational companies. The unit has also been trusted to manage diverse consultancy activities like professional services, project management, event management, material testing and maintenance, course development, market and product survey and knowledge transfer programs (training).
Corresponding to the increase in demand, the number of active consultants from diverse skills has exceeded 300 people who are renowned in niche areas like the green technology and sustainable development, frontier materials and industry applications, advanced computing and communications, humanities and qualities of life, forensic sciences and brain and neuroscience.
After 30 years of operation, UiTM Consultancy dedicates its success to the following factors:
• Well-groomed consultants to meet the industry demands.
• Multidisciplinary collaboration of broad disciplines under one roof to meet the ever changing needs of the industries.
• Good governance of operation and fund management by staff and Board of Trustees to support and monitor the operations.
• Strong supports and continuous grooming from the industries shaped our consultants to reach the expected skill levels.
• Strong support from the university encourages consultancy activities